Dr. Steven Hentoff has over 25 years experience as a clinical psychologist and pediatric neuropsychologist serving the greater Boston and Metro West areas. He works with children (6+), adolescents and adults with a variety of mental health, developmental, neurological and learning issues.
Dr. Hentoff provides a comfortable and private office space where patients and their families can discuss their concerns in a collaborative manner and develop a treatment and /or evaluation plan that best meets their needs. Whether itâ€™s a consultation to review the results of a previous evaluation; discussion about the need for a more comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation; or concern about mental health and behavior issues, Dr. Hentoff provides a full range of services to address the varied concerns that bring patients to his office.
Neuropsychological Evaluation and
Dr. Hentoff specializes in the neuropsychological assessment and treatment of a variety of cognitive, behavioral and psychiatric problems, including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Executive Function Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability (Reading, Math, Written Language)
- Nonverbal Learning Disability
- Asperger Syndrome and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Cognitive Impairment due to head injury, developmental and genetic disorders
- Mood Disorder, Depression and Anxiety
In addition, Dr. Hentoff has also had extensive experience working from a cognitive behavioral and collaborative psychotherapy approach to address issues related to:
- Anxiety, depression and adjustment difficulties
- Bipolar Disorder and Major Mental illness
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Parent Child Conflict
- Adolescent adjustment issues
Working In the Context of the Community
Dr. Hentoff works closely with families, referring physicians, educational advocates and school systems and is committed to working with individuals in the context of the wider community. His goals are to identify the barriers to successful adjustment and growth, and to provide a road map that allows for a more successful and enjoyable path to their goals.